Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mixed feelings

Well as relieved and excited as I am to have a new position, I'm surprised to say that I'm feeling uncomfortable and a little guilty to be leaving my current position in the middle of the school year.  I doubt that they will replace me (plus who would take a part-time teaching job for 3 months?) and I just started being able to teach recorders.  I don't think they'll be able to have an end-of-the-year concert, and I'll be gone before the Talent Show (though it was originally scheduled for sooner--they moved it without consulting me).

When I think about it, though, I don't think I should feel so bad.  My principal made it difficult to do my job at every turn, and the stress of it was really effecting me.  Plus it kind of seemed pointless to work so hard when they wouldn't have my subject next year, anyway.  I think I just need to keep reminding myself that they really started this process.

2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling well. You'll get over it, sooner than you think... and you'll be much happier without the stress. (I know THAT feeling too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such an amazing information please keep Helping teacher in need

    ReplyDelete