Friday, May 1, 2009

Conversations with students

With a special ed student who had walked in the door late and sat down for five minutes, then got up to leave again. His class usually comes with the class that was in there, but hadn't today. I didn't realize he belonged to the other class:

Me: Where are you going?
Him: It's been five minutes, so my teacher said to go back.
M: Your teacher sent you to music for five minutes??
H: Yes. I got in trouble so she said to go for five minutes then go back.
M: Your teacher sent you to music for five minutes as a punishment???
H: Yes. Well, no. I was being lazy on a project so she told me to come here and choose.
M: OK. Have a good day.

Then his teacher called to see if he was on his way. I wish she'd sent a note with him or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment