Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm back...

Well it's been a while. A lot has happened since my last post. Last year I bought a condo, then received notice that I was being laid off the next month. Since then, I got engaged, lost my job, accepted a part-time job an hour's drive away, and got married.

While home life is going great, and for now I think we'll be able to keep the condo, the new job is far from ideal. I was torn between taking an only part-time job so far away and just staying home for a while, but thought I would learn a lot from the new place. It's a charter school which is part of a huge system which gets great results which it attributes partly to the great professional development it gives its teachers. Unfortunately, I found out after I was hired, that that doesn't include music teachers. Nor do I have much in the way of materials, respect, or information about what's going on at school. As my 3-week winter vacation is coming to an end, I am dreading going back. My last day before break was terrible (probably will be another post). I'm continuing to apply for jobs when they come up, but for now I'm trying to stick it out for just this school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment